Saturday, June 12, 2010

6/12/2010 Weekly Update

Personal Progress: This week I had the opportunity to sit down and learn a couple new skills in designing. I have always been a little interested on how people always look good on the cover of magazines and in the magazines. Their faces look flawless and so I knew it was airbrushing but I thought it was only special computer software that you could buy that helped in the airbrushing technique. But I decided I wanted to learn how to do it for myself and I have the Adobe Creative Suite and just figured why not? So I looked up a tutorial on YouTube about airbrushing, and watched it first to see if it would be at all possible for me to do and I realized that I could do this. I found a picture I really liked and I went through the video tutorial step by step and was able to airbrush a photo. There is still so much more practice I can do to become better at airbrushing, but I have the basic knowledge of how to do it, and someday this could come into handy in my future job, and it is a definite portfolio builder for know.
Team Progress: This week I we are learning the different aspects of the manufacturing side of the toy industry, specifically with our new toy company, and how we are going to manufacture our new toy line. I am responsible for the idea of manufacturing our toys domestically. I am learning on what it will take to manufacture our toys here in the U.S. and the cost and benefits in doing so.

2 comments:

mokey said...

Mike-what have you learned about the manufacturing etc.I would be interested to know or at least where to start? can you help

Thanks
Mokey

Mike Briney said...

Who's mokey? And what could I help you with?